Total Pageviews

Choose language: Spanish, French, Russian I have checked.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013



Dream: Nazi Pursuit

I am alone. A battalion of Nazi SS troopers are after me. They are focused entirely on finding and killing me. They are all big, strong men, definitely not parade ground troops. Their uniforms are dirty. They march with the cadence of our Adeste Fidelis column at Camp Pendleton, sweating as they march. All are armed with fully automatic weapons: submachine guns and heavier. Everything about them says: fit, experienced combat men. We are in a town that has been shot up in earlier fighting. They are near. They know the area; I do not. They spread out, searching expertly. I scurry like a rat. I duck into a dark place under a raised sidewalk, like the one I looked under in Cho Lon at the corpse of the Chinese woman. I clutch my rifle, which is a singleshot 
.22 like the one I hunted rabbits with as a kid. I have 
one or two cartridges to go against the SS battalion. Their big black boots are close enough to touch as they march past my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment