Total Pageviews

Choose language: Spanish, French, Russian I have checked.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

DREAM: CHOCOLATE DONUT NIGHTMARE


DREAM: CHOCOLATE DONUT NIGHTMARE
A couple of years ago, after a years-long string of post Viet Nam nightmares in which I would be pursued by guesome, grimacing enemy soldiers, well armed and intent on killing me, I had what I that was "The Last Nightmare." (See Rattlesnake Dreams, chapters "Money Man Pursuit" and "The Last Nightmare.") All through "The Last Nightmare,"my body felt as if it were erupting like a volcano, until I finally woke up, in a fit of violent laughter. I haven't had one of those dreams since. But just now I awoke from a mid-day nap (erratic sleep patterns). I had dreamed, a half hour ago, that I was showing Edward Snowden around Santa Cruz, California. I was buying us a bag of chocolate donuts, and we were looking for a bench under the trees downtown to sit and eat them. Guess I really am over the nightmares, huh? That is, until I wake up and remember the real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment