Total Pageviews

Choose language: Spanish, French, Russian I have checked.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dream: Guts


Dream: Guts

I'm driving on a freeway. There is an awful wreck: explosion of impact, screech of rubber, accordioning collapse of metal, shattering of glass. I stop, get out, run over. I'm inside the vehicle, a smoking hell. The driver is a black man. He is lying on his back, his belly ripped open, his intestines spread out over him and spilling into the wreckage. I see colors in his guts: yellow fatty tissue, transparent and translucent shiny membranes, blue veins, red arterial blood, brown shit. His eyes. He says nothing, but his eyes implore: Please help me. He begs me with his eyes to put his guts back in his body. I try, putting one hand on the guts still in his body, trying to keep them there, reaching with my other hand for the guts that have spilled farthest from him, trying to bring them back into his body. I try again and again. Every time I try, they spill out of my hands. He is begging me to help him, but I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment