Total Pageviews

Choose language: Spanish, French, Russian I have checked.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

HUNGER 3

Hunger 3
[My first semester at Colorado College after discharge from the Marine Corps, recently out of Vietnam.]     
     
     Mike Taylor and I went to dinner at the cafeteria in Loomis Hall. He was sitting across from me, and next to him was another student with whom we both were slightly acquainted. We'd almost finished dinner when the guy next to Mike, without saying anything, reached over to take some food from my tray. Reflexively, I turned the fork in my hand downward and stabbed the back of his hand. Four small roses of blood appeared around the tines of the fork. The guy turned pale. Mike’s jaw dropped. They looked at each other, then at me. I shrugged: "Don’t fuck with my food," and went on eating with the slightly bloody fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment