Total Pageviews

Choose language: Spanish, French, Russian I have checked.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rattlesnake Dreams: An American Warrior's Story



















NOTE: This blog will be composed of chapters of my recently completed memoir, RATTLESNAKE DREAMS: AN AMERICAN WARRIOR’S STORY, by Dean Metcalf.

The book begins with this Prologue, which tells of some hours, and in particular one long moment, in the burning Vietnamese village of Tho An, a few kilometers inland from Chu Lai, in I Corps, South Vietnam. April, 1966.

That long moment turned my head around forever. It quite simply forced me to see the world, and myself – past, present, and future - through different eyes.

This book is the chronicle of that change in my way of seeing things.

Along the way, there are stories from my days as a freelance journalist in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Leningrad, Moscow, Prague, Baku, Vienna, Kiev, Jordan, the West Bank, Israel, and Gaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment